Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Antlerstock Is Gonna Rock!

So plans are being finalized for the Fall Festival/Antlerstock being held here October 15th and 16th. Saturday will be the main day of workshops, starting at 10AM with: Backyard lumberjackin' and woodlot management workshops presented by Professor Brett, Soap making by Tara Pommer of Texas, Cheese making (hard and soft cheeses) By Cathy Daughton and Diane Kennedy, and Myself doing tours and all the animal classes. There will be a Sheep, Chicken, Rabbit, and bee workshops taught by me throughout the day along with farm tours. I will also do a wool workshop, showing how to go from fleece to yarn as well as knitting lessons. Food will all be locally sourced from Veryork farms (as much as possible), you can expect brunch and a midday meal both days (vegetarian options). Cyrus and Saro will do absolutely nothing but walk around yelling at people. Expect nothing from the geese.

Jack-o-lantern carving stations will be set up at your convenience: hoping to light the farm up with jacks for the campfire!

Saturday night will be the campfire, with hay bales to sit on and refreshments. Please bring WARM clothes and blankets, and if you have a musical instrument, bring her along as well. This campfire is a totally casual "after-party" to enjoy just conversation and music. But there will be also a raffle for a student fiddle kit, and you have to be present at the bonfire to be there to enter into the straw hat.

Sunday morning will be another brunch (starting at 9AM) and series of workshops including a canning demonstration in the kitchen, and basics of food preservation (water bath canning to freezer bags, how to blanch, etc). Bread making from scratch, fiddle and dulcimer beginner introductions, the weekend festival ends with a field trip over to Merck Forest and Farmland Center for a hike in the early afternoon (weather permitting!).

There are only two spots left, folks. Please let me know at jenna@itsfarwalk.com if you would like them!

11 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I am so excited! Vaughn and I can't wait to come! Jenna, did I tell you your workshop is a mini honeymoon for Vaughn and I? Were getting married on Oct. 8! :)

September 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Goat Song said...

Aw, I wish I could go!!! :( Alas, Oregon is rather far from the Veryork area...

Sounds like it will be a blast though; have fun! :)

September 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Back Achres said...

Nickie and I are very excited to meet you and the farm. This is our anniversary get a away...31 years Oct 16th. I'm glad we are close enough to drive.

September 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Back Achres said...

Love the name Antlerstock, never made Woodstock, but not for lack of trying

September 6, 2011 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Jason and I can't wait, we are also celebrating an anniversary, 17 years. Especially looking forward to canning and music!

September 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger redbird said...

Looking forward to it all as well—even being yelled at by Cyrus and Saro. Need to start finding my warmer clothes!

September 7, 2011 at 1:43 AM  
Blogger Peacemom said...

We'll be closing on the house right about that time, or I'd be filling one of those two spots! Sounds like a great time full of fun, good folks and knowledge sharing, my favorite! Good luck with the first (hopefully annual!) Antlerstock! ~Vonnie

September 7, 2011 at 5:19 AM  
Blogger singinggardengirl said...

Sounds awesome! Wish I could make it.

September 7, 2011 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger Melanie J. said...

I wish, I wish, I wish...
It's so great that you're spreading your knowledge around like this; it continues to remind me that this life is possible in spite of all the roadblocks I currently face.

September 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger rabbit said...

we are so excited to be heading your way shortly! it all sounds wonderful and i am so stoked to be yelled at by your geese - they're celebrities in my mind - and meet everyone else!

September 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger greendria said...

Wow, what a line-up! Awesome

September 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home